Thursday, August 7, 1919

Beautiful bright, very hot in P.M. Winds in evening. Worked around country place. Sawed wood etc. Uncle John, Aunt Gertie and Eleanor Riggs here with Kim[n]'s Horse to supper. Played tennis etc. Read. To bed 11 P.M.

**********
I can only imagine that there was a horse owned by someone named Kim or Kin. I haven't seen that name before, so I don't know what it could mean.

I'm still researching Eleanor Riggs; I think I may have a line on her. There was an Eleanor Riggs who lived with her parents in Amsterdam, which is about 12 miles from Glenville.  She was only 14 at the time, which gives me pause, but maybe John and Gertie were family friends and were happy to take Miss Riggs with them when they went visiting.  I've sent a message to the owner of a family tree that includes Eleanor Riggs of Amsterdam, so we'll see if she has any answers for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment